Herd Mentality

6.09.2006

No Bacon in my Meat Combo?!

I've come to the realization that there is no job out there that is going to ever keep 100% of my attention. I'm destined to start losing interest after about two years. I'm not sure whether to blame it on my Adult ADD or the fact that I wasn't meant to do this kind of work. There are just too many jobs out there that really don't allow you to learn anything new. They expect you to be continuously learning, but you're supposed to do that on the little free time they give you and not during your normal "40" hour week. Heck, the only reason I work is so that I can afford to do the things I like to do when I'm not at work...

This was a big week. I "celebrated" the 3 year anniversary of my decision to move back to North Dakota. In fact, I celebrated it by nearly removing my foot when I made the mistake of taking the mountain bike out with flip-flops on. I guess I'll never make that mistake again...but only after the skin on all of my toes grow back, the swelling goes down and I can actually wear shoes.

RibFest was also going on in town this week. I went with the meat combo. It's the way it should be...no slaw, no potato salad, no beans...all your side dishes are a different meat. However, how can you have all that meat and not have any bacon? Tonight's entertainment out there is Styx... Wow. I'll leave it at that...and include my favorite picture from a trip I took to Vegas.

1 Comments:

  • yeah, you really oughta wear shoes on your mtn bike.

    nice sign -- almost as good as the Beaver Liquors sign.

    By Blogger T3, at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home